What Makes Cannabis Lip Balm Better Than Your Average Chapstick?
Chapped lips can be a real problem here in Colorado. Skiing, snowboarding, and long walks in the mountains can all cause your lips to become dry and cracked. That’s a horrible feeling that can cause constant discomfort, especially when talking, eating and drinking. So, what’s the best way to soothe chapped lips, marijuana lip balm or regular chapstick? For our money, it’s got to be cannabis lip balm. Don’t just take our word for it, though, let’s explore some of the reasons regular old lip balm has evolved to include marijuana.
Cannabis Lip Balm vs. Normal Chapstick
To start, it’s important to note that some lip balm or chapstick brands are much better than others, with or without cannabis. There are even lip balms that contain exfoliants like salicylic acid that can actually irritate your skin and make it feel worse than before. No matter which type of product you choose, we absolutely recommend against anything with acids that will make your dry lips feel even worse.
Good lip balms and chapsticks of any variety should include helpful ingredients like beeswax and natural oils. From there, the addition of cannabis is an added bonus. People often turn to the cannabis plant when they want to feel soothed, stimulate their body’s natural endocannabinoid system, or seek anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, the cannabis plant should never burn the skin– compare that to salicylic acid, which is also used as a wart remover.
Marijuana Lip Balm vs. Hemp Lip Balm
In the United States, people draw a distinction between hemp and marijuana. Essentially, cannabis plants with no more than 0.3% THC are called hemp, and plants with more than 0.3% THC are called marijuana. In other words, marijuana lip balm is likely to include THC while hemp lip balm can only be CBD with less than 0.3% THC.
Uses for Cannabis-Infused Lip Balm
The most obvious use for marijuana lip balm is, of course, putting it on your dry lips. That’s not all it can do, though! Some people have reported rubbing lip balm onto cold sores and other similar skin ailments in an effort to gain anti-viral, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, or anti-inflammatory properties from cannabis. We’ve even heard of people rubbing cannabis lip balm on their temples when they get headaches or start to feel especially stressed.
Cannabis Lip Balm Ingredients
We’ve already covered some of the reasons people love cannabis-infused lip balm, but what other ingredients should you look out for? Here are just a few that we believe in:
- Grape Seed Oil – to deliver Vitamin E for areas that are inflamed, aging, or damaged by oxidizing agents.
- Beeswax – a natural barrier for the skin to keep moisture in and provide Vitamin A.
- Sweet Almond Oil – even more Vitamin E, people use this for dry or itchy skin (including conditions like eczema or psoriasis).
- Avocado Oil – rich with Vitamins A, D, and E.
- Coconut Oil – for anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
- Jojoba Oil – to soften skin and address imperfections and ailments.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – for natural flavor and scent plus additional soothing.
Buy Marijuana Lip Balm Colorado
At Mary Jane’s Medicinals, we want our Marijuana Lip Bong to be the last lip balm you ever need. It’s intended to keep your skin soft, smooth, and feeling great, all without clogging your pores. Our customers have already used it for blisters, split lips, and sores– now we can’t wait to hear how you enjoy it! Try some by finding a distributor near you.
What Makes Cannabis Lip Balm Better Than Your Average Chapstick? Chapped lips can be a real problem here in Colorado. Skiing, snowboarding, and long walks in the mountains can all cause your lips
Bud Man OC (Orange County)
- Additional information
- Reviews (2)
CBD Living Lip Balm 50mg CBD (2 types)
- Broad Spectrum Nano Hemp Extract, 50 mg of CBD, THC Free, Available in 2 variants: Unflavored CBD Lip Balm, Cherry CBD Lip Balm
Innovative – 420 Lip Balm (peppermint)
- Ingredients: organic coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, vitamin E, natural sweetner.
Speakeasy 710 – Lip Balm (2 types)
- Speakeasy THC and CBD lip balms are carefully formulated for moisturizing and repairing dry lips. The hydrating lip balm protects and keeps your lips succulent with 6 moisturizing ingredients (Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Peppermint, Vitamin E and Cannabis Oil).
Each container contains 10mg of CBD or THC.
Gemstonz – Lip It Lip Balm
- Mango flavor lip balm – This ultra moisturizing, cannabis lip balm with hempseed oil is amazing on chapped lips, fever blisters (herpes simplex) and split lips. It soothes and repairs dry, damaged lips, restoring them to luscious kissability. Use at first sign of blister to keep it from advancing. It can also be used on cracked heels, minor dab burns and even squeaky hinges.
Directions: Apply as needed.
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Bees Wax, Sunflower Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Flavor, Hempseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Cannabis, Aloe Vera Gel.
Sacred Biology – Ultra Moisturizing Lip Balm (25mg CBD)
- Ultra Moisturizing Peppermint, Hemp oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oils. Gluten Free. Made with Organic Ingredients.
Ingredients: Organic Hemp seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Nut Butter, Rosehip Seed Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Peppermint essential oil, Rosemary essential
Mary Jane’s Medicinals – Lip Bong
- This incredibly moisturizing lip balm keeps lips plump and nourished in dry Colorado conditions. It contains the same awesome blend of oils as the lotion, so it has all the wonderful vitamins and healing properties for your lips. It has a very nice smooth texture which feels so good, and a pleasing light peppermint aroma. Cannabis and coconut oil have antiviral properties, so people who suffer from cold sores have reported that they do not get outbreaks when using the Lip Bong regularly. It will also speed healing time for sores. Rub on temples for headache relief.
Jambo Superfoods – CBD Lip Balm (5mg CBD)
- Looking for a lip balm that soothes and protects while providing healing CBDs to your lips? Look no further, because our lip balm does exactly that! Made with the same high quality standards that you’ve come to expect from Jambo Superfoods, your lips will thank you for providing them the best product out there!
Ingredients: Organic Raw Coconut oil, Organic Cruelty Free Bees Wax, Organic Grass Fed Ghee, Organic Cocoa Butter, Cannaibidiol (CBD) Hemp Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Organic Blue Chamomile Essential Oil.
High Gorgeous – Luscious Lime Lip Balm (25mg THC)
- Helps heal dry, chapped lips. Has coconut oil with soothing properties of cocoa butter and aloe vera gel.
High Gorgeous – Plain Jane High CBD Lip Balm (25mg CBD)
- CBD infused and scent free – helps heal dry and chapped lips
CBD Living Lip Balm 50mg CBD (2 types) Broad Spectrum Nano Hemp Extract, 50 mg of CBD, THC Free, Available in 2 variants: Unflavored CBD Lip Balm, Cherry CBD