DIY Cannabis Simple Syrup
A necessary component for making nearly all THC-infused concoctions. Once on hand, you can use your own homemade cannabis simple syrup to spruce up all kinds of libations and make potables even more potent.
Whether you choose to spike your morning beverage, stir into citrus juices, mix with shrubs, and/or build cannabis cocktails, this versatile medicated sweetener belongs in the home of any deserving Chron Vivant.
- 2.5 cups filtered water (for best results, filter at least twice to remove impurities).
- 2.5 cups granulated sugar (white or brown, depending on desired flavor and usage).
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin(available on Amazon via the link or at your local health food store).
- 2-3 grams of finely ground organic cannabis (were using high-grade Bubble Gum from Humboldt Farms).
Measure out equal parts sugar and water. Add your filtered water to a large pot and bring to a low boil. Once your water begins to bubble, m ix in your high-grade organic cannabis and s tir in the sugar until all the crystals are dissolved.
This is arguably the most important step, so be careful not to get the liquid past an internal temperature of 250° F or let it boil over. When cannabis is heated it goes through a chemical process called decarboxylation that activates the THC, but if the temperature gets too high you will damage the THC.
Cover pot and maintain a gently boil for 15-20 minutes while the syrup reduces.
Next lower the temperature to medium, add the vegetable glycerin, and l et simmer for an additional 5-6 minutes (stirring once every 45- 60 seconds). This will help give the cannabinoids something to bond with. Some people skip this step but I find it really does help with the final product.
Finally, strain out any organic matter and let simple syrup cool to room temperature. At the end, you should be left with approximately 3 cups (24 oz) of medicated cannabis simple syrup.
The final yield should be close to 24 oz, which is enough to make 12 moderately-dosed cannabis beverages (2 oz each), containing approximately 20 milligrams of THC per serving (depending on the potency of the cannabis used).
DIY Cannabis Simple Syrup A necessary component for making nearly all THC-infused concoctions. Once on hand, you can use your own homemade cannabis simple syrup to spruce up all kinds of
A Guide On How To Make Weed Syrup
Published : Mar 27, 2018
Categories : Cannabis recipes
Did you know that you can actually make your very own homemade cannabis syrup? In this article, we show you how in just a few simple steps using everyday ingredients.
If there is one thing that can be associated with cannabis, it’s creativity. Not only as an after-effect consumers experience from smoking a toke or two from their favorite strain, but also creativity in terms of the possibilities for infusing weed into food and drink.
This is the exact reason there are so many edibles recipes out there. In this article, we will be breaking down the steps and ingredients for you to make your own homemade, canna-infused “simple syrup”. Enjoy!
3 cups granulated sugar
2 grams finely ground or chopped cannabis
3 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
Strainer or cheesecloth
1 jar or container of your choice
1. Add sugar and water to saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Stir the mixture to the point where the sugar is completely dissolved. Add in your ground cannabis and allow the mix to boil for 20 minutes with the lid on. This process aims to decarboxylate the herbs.
3. Make sure not to exceed the 20-minute mark. Once it is done, add the vegetable glycerin to the mix. This allows your cannabinoids to bind to the fat and infuse into the syrup mixture.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for up to 6 minutes, but make sure to give it a stir every minute.
5. After the simmering is done, pour the syrup into your container over the strainer or cheesecloth to sift out the ground plant material. Be careful with this step as the syrup will be extremely hot.
6. Once the mixture has cooled down, you are now ready to serve your cannabis syrup.
As you may notice, these are fairly simple steps using ingredients that you can find in your kitchen cupboard, or in a grocery store near you. But the great thing about this mixture are the many different ways to use it.
Not only is this concoction a great addition to baked goods, you can also mix it into some of your favourite drinks to make your own canna-cocktail or canna-coffee. One recipe is to add some weed syrup to sparkling water and a bit of fruit juice to create a non-alcoholic, yet still potent beverage. You now have a summer drink to beat the heat! You can also substitute CBD-rich cannabis in place of high-THC strains in your syrup recipe if you’re seeking a non-psychoactive, but relaxing experience.
So there you have it, cannabis syrup to add to anything your heart desires!
Cannabutter, How To Make And Prepare Your Own
Making homemade weed syrup is much easier than you might think! Follow this guide to get the recipe and learn tips to optimise the process.