DEFY – The First Performance Drink for CBD Officially Launches in Denver
(Denver Media join co-founder Terrell Davis, Pro Football Hall of Famer, for the product’s nationwide reveal and new category launch for the CBD industry)
(Video: Business Wire)
DENVER–( BUSINESS WIRE )–This morning, DEFY makes history in Denver, officially launching the first CBD infused performance drink to the US. DEFY founders Beau Wehrle, CEO, and Megan Bushell, COO, hosted local media along with a detailed and personal interview by Broncos fan favorite, Dave Logan of iHeartMedia with Pro Football Hall of Famer and DEFY founding partner Terrell Davis.
DEFY has positioned themselves as a gamechanger for those looking to restore and replenish post training. While the potential of CBD is still being uncovered, DEFY has taken important steps in developing state of the art technology that ensures the highest-quality CBD bioavailability – making it the premium CBD performance drink in the market.
“The sheer power of CBD to help the body recover and perform is unprecedented. We believe CBD is the most transformative ingredient to emerge this decade. We’ve spent years developing the right formulation that tastes great and delivers immediate benefit. We will continue to invest in the strongest Scientific Advisory Board and work with suppliers that have been at the forefront of CBD research. DEFY will also carry the CBD banner for professional athletics, advocating for its formal adoption and acceptance,” said Wehrle, DEFY’s CEO.
Davis, a football legend, has become an evangelist for the industry and is a Forbes contributor journaling about the benefits of CBD. Additionally, Davis is actively petitioning the league and offering support to identify the right study protocols that may eventually lead to adoption and integration. His personal story is an exceptional one – from migraine mitigation to swifter recovery and an anxiety-free life – a story echoed by millions of CBD enthusiasts today. DEFY was developed to enhance performance but to also deliver the many health benefits of CBD to the general public.
Davis expressed that CBD would have impacted his retirement. “If CBD were available to us when I was in the league, I have no doubt my career would have been extended. Injury and daily recovery are an obvious part of professional athletics. My hope is that with CBD’s growing awareness, the right studies will help influence accepted use for professional athletes. We’re at the forefront of one of the biggest movements in health.”
DEFY’s formulation is based on hydration, electrolytes, taste and the quick replacement of vital nutrients. The formulation of 20mg/bottle is also purposeful, providing the optimal amount of performance-spectrum CBD for individuals and athletes of all sizes. (It is important to note that bodily absorption is different for each person.)
DEFY has a proprietary blend of performance spectrum hemp extract along with essential vitamins and minerals designed to help restore and revitalize your body. DEFY places a tremendous amount of weight on research and development, compliance by our suppliers and vendors to ensure rigorous quality standards for the product line are met. DEFY’s proprietary performance spectrum hemp extract delivery mechanisms are designed to maximize bioavailability.
DEFY is about defying ALL limitations. As a key sponsor for the Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports team for this year’s Indianapolis 500 and through the 2019 season, DEFY wished drivers Hinchliffe and Ericsson luck before the race. During qualifiers on Saturday, an early crash nearly took champion driver Hinchcliffe out of the race. By Sunday, they were back up and running, defying expectations and locking in a spot for the upcoming iconic race. The DEFY logo rides proudly on the car.
DEFY is located in Denver, CO. In 2017, Terrell Davis first used hemp extract to recover after a workout—and it changed his life. Through it, he was able to recover faster between workouts and achieve a level of locked-in focus that helped him defy the challenges that hold athletes back: his injury history, his overworked muscles and the deteriorating effects of age. Inspired to share these benefits with all athletes, Terrell and his team embarked on a mission to launch DEFY.
DEFY is the world’s first mainstream hemp extract performance beverage built specifically for athletes. Formulated to aid in rapid muscle fiber recovery and clear-headed, hyper-focused training, DEFY delivers naturally derived performance, recovery and rejuvenation for every kind of athlete. And with research still only scratching the surface of hemp extract’s potential, we’re only just beginning to DEFY the Everyday.
This morning, DEFY makes history in Denver, officially launching the first CBD infused performance drink to the US. DEFY founders Beau Wehrle, CEO, an
by DEFY, LLC
- Overview + Products
- Brand News
- Product Archive
Official Brand Overview
Founded by Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Terrell Davis (TD), DEFY™ is the world’s first premium hemp-CBD sports drink. Formulated to aid in rapid muscle fiber recovery and clear-headed, hyper-focused training, DEFY™ delivers naturally derived performance, recovery and rejuvenation for every kind of athlete – with 0%THC.
Current product lineup
Orange Mango ZERO
Mixed Berry ZERO
Orange Mango – Performance Drink CBD 20mg
Lemonade – Performance Drink CBD 20mg
Mixed Berry – Performance Drink CBD 20mg
Beverage Industry Jobs
- Field Sales Manager – Sacramento – CLEAN Cause
- Territory Sales Manager – Cape Beverage / Cape May Brewing Company
- Brewer at Revive Kombucha – Revive Kombucha
- Associate Category Manager – National Co+op Grocers
View All – 381 Jobs | Post a Job
BevNET Virtual Events
BevNET Live Winter 2020
NOSH Live Winter 2020
Brewbound Live Winter 2020
- Better Booch Targets Rapid Growth with Multichannel Strategy
- Kate Farms Raises $51M in Series B Round
- Celsius: Record Q3 Pushes Company Closer To $100M Milestone
- Nielsen: Strong Beverage Sales Suggest Steady At-Home Consumption
- So Good So You Lands $14.5M To Grow Probiotic Shots Line
- Category Close-Up: Plant-Based Milks and Creamers – Product Showcase
- Speed Dating: Connecting Brands with Designers at BevNET Live
- Guru Launches Yerba Mate Organic Plant-Based Energy Drink
- Yesway Expands its CBD Beverage Set with Four New Brands
- Cruise Beverage Launches Rebranded Packaging
- Amari Launches Water-Soluble CBD Adaptogen Blend
- Swire Coca-Cola, USA Announces Retirement of President and CEO Jack Pelo
- CBD Living Positions Product Portfolio into Functional Need States
- Organic Milk Tea Brand NAICHA Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- The Long Drink Now Available Across California, Florida and Arizona
- Maker’s Mark Announces ‘Small Town, Bright Lights’ Contest
- Koloa Rum Company Debuts Kaua’i Cacao Rum
- Nomad Spirits Co. Announces Launch of Serpiente Ultra Premium Tequila
- United Liquors Appointed to Represent OM Liqueurs and Thomas Henry Sodas
- Virginia Distillery Company’s ‘Courage & Conviction’ American Single Malt Now Available
- Watershed Distillery Releases World’s First Bourbon Finished in Nocino Barrels
- Fifty West Transforms Into Winter Wonderland with Ice Rink
- Four Saints Brewing Releases Red Wolf Red IPA
- Swilled Dog Announces Launch of Spirits Line
- Sparkling Ice Spiked Launches New Hard Seltzer
- Creature Comforts’ Table Beer Returns this Fall Benefitting Giving Kitchen
- Blake’s Hard Cider Releases New Limited-Edition Flavor Berry Cranders
- RipeLocker and CLS Farms Deliver Fresh and Delicious Hops to Thomas Hooker Brewing Company
New Beverage Showdown 20 – Semi-Final Round
Sponsored: Building the Brand S1E2: The Art + Science of Building a Novel Food Brand
New Beverage Showdown 20 – Final Round
Sponsored: Building the Brand S1E3: Episode #3: Building an In-Be”Tween” Brand
Sponsored: Building the Brand Round Table Event
BevNET Beverage School is an on-demand, video-based learning tool and online community designed for entrepreneurs and newcomers to the food and beverage industry.
Published 6x per year, BevNET Magazine is the leading industry magazine for analysis of trends, innovation, marketing, and product development.
BevNET’s Taste Radio, the podcast for the beverage, food and beer industries. New episodes every Tuesday.
BevNET/NOSH are switching to paid access. Become a charter member today for additional benefits.
BevNET’s Job Board features hundreds of job lisitngs from the beverage, beer, and food industries.
BevNET by DEFY, LLC Overview + Products Reviews Images Brand News Product Archive Contact Official Brand Overview Founded by Pro Football Hall of Fame